Thursday, September 18, 2008

We GO again

Sis and I and had a good chat with the doctor - tho it was kinda weird cause we were both on speaker phone.

The doc went over again about how 'well' last cycle went and it was 'a very good result' - just not quite good enough.... i.e no bloody baby.

We are going to do a pill flare cycle starting straight away or as soon as my sister gets her period.... which should be any day now. She is going to 'induce' mine.

And sister will do higher dose of FSH right from the start. I asked the doc if she triggered sister too early last time after too long on fsh (she started her at a very low dose then had to up it after 6 days of almost no growth). She ofcourse couldnt really answer that... but that is my theory for the poor egg quality.

Sister is being a mega star about all of this - and is saying she will do accupuncture this time too.

Here is hoping for second time lucky.


Blogger Peeveme said...

A change in protocol can make all the difference. Best of luck. Look forward to hearing how it goes. I hope to start mu first donor cycle any day now...just waiting for the donor to get her period.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Fingers are crossed that this will be the one.

I'm still on hold until I meet with my oncologist next month. He needs to give his approval for IVF, so his determination will tell me whether I can try another cycle with my own eggs or if I need to go with a donor.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Bee Cee said...

Oh I am late coming to your update. Hope things are going well.

Keep us updated!


10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home