Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Beta still rising

We are back from holidays and I had another blood test yesterday - and despite stopping the drugs my beta is still climbing slowly - tho my progesterone is falling - and nurse thinks my period will probably start by the weekend.

I spoke to the doctor last night - she thinks we came 'very very close'. My sister rang me yesterday and said 'let's give it another go' - I cried and cried. She is so sweet - and I know she found the injections hard - and she had a dreadful few days 'coming down' from the drugs. The doctor said she would fully support us giving it another go.

Soooooooo it seems like we will. When tho - I have no idea. My husband flies back to the UK on Sunday - I think I will hide in his suitcase. Booooooo hooooooooooo

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

I'm very sorry Andi, it was looking so promising...

I'm glad that your husband was with you for the testing, but how sad that he has to go back!

Thinking of you. Take care.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Portia P said...

I'm so sorry sweetheart.

Sending you a huge hug and hoping next time will be better.

Your sis sounds an angel.

xxx

8:36 AM  
Blogger Melbagirl said...

How is everything going now? I am really sorry for you. Really.

Yes, your sister is a real-life angel.

You will have a baby someday because of her.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Oh sweetie, I am so so sorry, why oh why does this have to be so hard!

My thoughts are with you all during this time. I think it's very sweet of your sis to offer to do it again, it's the most wonderful gift of all.

Much love xxx

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home