Sunday, August 10, 2008

Two on board

It is actually Monday in Australia - so ignore the date stamp up the top.

Now for the good news - my transfer went as smooth as smooth (unlike first transfer in London where they had to stop half way through cause I was about to throw up and my hands had gone numb)!

I have two embryos on board - one 'very very good' compacting eight cell - and one slower six cell. I am home and have been in bed a few hours with my feet up - and am feeling fine.

The bad news is - there was nothing to freeze. Only four of the seven eggs fertilized - and two stopped growing last night. I do wonder about the culture Melb IVF grow the embryos in - or what goes on in their lab.

But anyway - I am home feeling extremely grateful to my dear sister. She is very sad only two made it. The doctor said to me this morning - 'she wants this sooo much to work for you'. It brought tear to my eyes.

And there was also some good news in that the usual pre transfer freak out by my husband didn't happen. He was sweet and loving through out. Long may it and my embryos continue!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Good luck!!! I'm keeping everything crossed in hopes that those two will make it.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm sorry there wasn't any to freeze but that'll not matter a bit when these two stick around.

Hope the 2ww isn't too torturous.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Portia P said...

I've everything crossed for you sweetie.

Hope the 2WW isn't too horrendous. xx

1:00 PM  
Blogger Melbagirl said...

Ooooh. Don't say that about Melbourne IVF - that's where all my embryos go! Just kidding.

It brought tears to my eyes too to read about how your sister feels.

Can't wait to hear about your impending BFP!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bee Cee said...

Good luck hun. I do hope this works out for you all.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Peeveme said...

Wishing you the best of luck. We are 2WW buddies.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Sounds great! We put two back in as well and none to freeze...some things happen for a reason! Good luck!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

I'm sorry that there are no popsicles but I am happy that you have 2 onboard! Good luck with your 2ww, hoping and praying for you!!

Hugs xxx

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home