Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Transfer

Two 'very good' eight celled embryos were transfered yesterday. And amazingly we have two frozen embryos.

Doc says this is the best result she could have hoped for.

Sadly, transfer was nightmare. They both got stuck in the catheter not once but twice. It seems my fibroids were making it extremely difficult for her to get it in the right spot.

Doc kept saying 'it won't lessen your chances' - but I have made the mistake of googling it - and it seems pretty common knowlege that it does.

I have had 24 hours complete bed rest (the first time in my now 5 CYCLES that I have done this) and I am not planning on leaving the house today.

GROAN - why couldn't transfer have been perfect.

Please cross your fingers for me

3 Comments:

Blogger Peaches said...

Sorry that your transer wasn't as ideal as the embryos...
But hey, I'll share the encouraging story we were told at our last transfer-a gal who we did IVF#1 with went through the same thing as you, the embies got stuck twice---and she went on to carry twins to 38++weeks, so it can be ok!
Hang in there!!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Musicmakermomma said...

I think your taking it easy will make a big difference. There is nothing you can do about the embies getting stuck, but hopefully when they see what a nice place you have set up for them they will want to stick around for 9 more months!

Good luck.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Thinking of you and hoping that this is indeed 3rd time lucky despite the traumatic transfer.

I have heard of the same thing happening to someone else and they have a perfect little bub now so anything is possible but I know it's hard to always have hope.

Much love xxx

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home