Thursday, February 05, 2009

What a week!!

Goodness - what a lot can happen in a week.

On Monday - I was retrenched from my extremely well paying job. My old boss left in early December and I knew the new guy taking over would have it in for me - and yep the axe fell pretty quickly.

In almost 20 years of employment I have never got even close to being fired -and why he/the company called it redundancy - I know being sacked when I see it or feel it. What an arse.

But today - in fact it was yesterday - I was offered a job back at the ABC - and have had offers of freelance work coming in. So my ego has taken a big boost. My first thought was yes I will take ABC job - even tho it is not playing on my strengths and the money is not fantastic.

I think though - I am going to turn it down in the best possible way - and see what else develops.

As my husband and I are still living on opposite sides of the world - and something has to give.

The other GREAT news today is my sister has decided she will do one more donor cycle with me. She is 39 - so no spring chicken - and we had a really bleak cycle in October.

But this time she is going to do it with my Sydney IVF doctor - and I think I will make sure I am not working so can help with her kids - plus not have work stress.

Last time transfer day was the day before US election - and I had a dreadful flu from the stress of it all.

So there we go - GOOD NEWS out of BAD.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sparkle said...

Sounds great.
BTW the 43yo in my mothers group who got pregnant first cycle - did it with SIVF ... so your sister is in good hands.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Tam said...

Hey there, glad to see you gonna do another one, you're sister is truly special.

Good luck sweetie, I'll be checking in on you xxx

3:34 AM  
Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Great to hear from you Andi! I hope things are going well for you.... love to hear an update.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home