Thursday, November 06, 2008

4 dp - 3dt

It's Friday morning and I am again awake at 3.30 - but as I spent most of yesterday in bed with a horrible throat infection - I suppose it is not that surprising that I am not that tired.

The infection hit me like a tonne of bricks on Tuesday afternoon - and needless to say - I HAD to go work on Wednesday (Tuesday US time) for the election - but I was the walking dead.

I went to the doctor Thursday - who said because of Monday transfer all he could prescribe was a few days off work and lots of fluids.

I am NOW feeling much much much better. But worry that such a strong although short lived virus (I had a real fever on tuesday night and was not even thinking straight enough to get out of bed and take a panadol - DOH!) might have killed the embryos.

My clinic has introduced a new blood test during the two week wait - they do a progesterone test on the day of transfer. They rang me on Tuesday to say mine had come up a bit low - and they wanted me to increase the dose to three times a day. I went and had another blood test yesterday and didn't hear back from them - so hope it is up where it should be.

I have not had sore boobs - so far - this time - nor any gass. Dreadful to start comparing to last time - as can only lead to pointless worry. NOTE TO SELF - no more pointless worry.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellie's Mom said...

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you

12:06 PM  
Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better today. It's hard not to worry, but I don't think there is any real drama with short fevers during pregnancy. I wish my clinic tested progesterone during the 2ww, its certainly something I worry myself with.

You asked about my egg numbers. My last doctor had a theory about quality vs quantity so I was on very low loses of stimulating hormone 100-150iu. My new doctor has doubled my dose to 300iu. Last cycle he collected 21 eggs but the fert rate and blastocyst rate were similar to my other cycles.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Sparkle said...

Sorry I missed the business end of the cycle.

Congrats. on the transfer.

Wouldn't worry about the sore throat, boring reminder - junkies, alcoholics all get pregnant.

Too early for symptoms, and any symptoms could be an indication of anything. Feel reassured??

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home