Monday, November 03, 2008

Two on board

Sorry for going AWOL.

Two embryos transferred today - one very good compacting 8 cell and one morula. I was intially quite surprised at the morula as that is supposed to happen on Day 4 rather than Day 3 - but my transfer was late this afternoon - so it almost is Day 4. The Doctor said both were great quality.

Transfer was not quite as smooth as last time. My doctor is away and even though I asked her about the bloke filling in for her - and asked if he should do a mock transfer - he had no idea about my strange shaped uterus or my fibroids or anything.

I was a bit shocked - but he did take it all on board when I told him and said he would 'do it slowly'. I was lying there trying to think happy thoughts and not 'why the hell has my doctor not briefed this man' - who did not even know I was doing a donor cycle.

I had a bit of cramping - which I didn't have last time - and a bit of feeling uncomfortable.

But I am home now - drinking lots of water - advice from evil stepmonsters doctor I think - and taking it easy.

Beta is November 17th. Oooo and we didn't end up with anything to freeze.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tam said...

Oh wow, that's absolutely wonderful news. Well done to all of you. I truly hope and pray that this is the one!!

Keeping you in my thoughts xxx

2:59 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Hi there! Thank you so much for your comment. I hope so much that this is the cycle for both of us. Wouldn't that be so exciting?

Crossing my fingers for you too...

1:42 PM  
Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Wow Andi those embies sound perfect! I truly hope this works! Best wishes for the 17th, I'll be thinking of you.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Peeveme said...

Thanks for you comments.

Sorry you are sick. I was sick after a transfer and worried about the same thing. Now that I am not in a cycle and not in high anxiety mode I'm pretty sure it makes no difference at all.

Wishing you the best of luck.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home