Monday, July 06, 2009

Weird positive HPT

It is 4 weeks tomorrow since I started to miscarry - and it was a week of solid bleeding and then a few days of brown stuff.

Weirdly - I have been thinking period must be due again shortly but was preparing myself for an extra long cycle cause of the ill fated pregnancy etc etc.

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling slightly 'odd' and thought what the hell - and promptly peed on a HPT and got an instant strong positvie second line. Not a wait 5 mins and stare at it holding under a light - but a super strong line straight away.

Needless to say I spent the rest of the afternoon on Dr Google reading about how hcg can stay in your blood for 4 to 6 weeks.

I didn't end up having a d and c as I went for a scan three days after starting to bleed and doc said sac was gone etc. And as I hoped on a plane back to London several days later I have had no blood tests to see if HCG went back to zero.

I can't imagine at my age and with husband's dodgy sperm we could possibly have got pregnant the old fashioned way!!

I have emailed my doc in Australia who says to go have several betas to see which way HCG is going.

Praying for a mirarcle.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Oh wow Andi - that's interesting! Have you had another beta yet? I really hope it is a miracle.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home