Sunday, May 24, 2009

Still in beta limbo land ****updated********

I was hoping and praying for 1000 - but did a deal that I would be happy with 850!!

Wrong wrong wrong - it was 620!! I haven't spoken to the doctor yet - but nurse says they want me to go in for a scan next Tuesday. No more blood tests - nothing.

Sounds daft to me - nurse said I may just be one of those people that doesn't confirm to the rule book.

We have gone from 13 dp - 3dt - 56, 16 dp - 3dt to 187, and finally to 20 dp - 3dt to 620.

I am going to try and speak to doctor - I want to have another blood test before then - the last thing I want is to spend a week wondering what the hell is going on.

Shit shit shit - I so wanted it to go one way or the other.

****I spoke to my doctor this evening - and he wants me to have a scan on Friday - I will be five weeks and 6 days. He said I have a 50% chance it will be fine - %40 chance it won't be and %10 chance it will be ectopic. He said the fact that it started off such a low number is the cause for worry - and has only been increasing as it should without a big spike. And oppps - I just realised I had my final beta as being on 22 dp - 3dt when it was 20 dp - 3dt - changed it now.

4 Comments:

Blogger nancy said...

Heya, I was just directed here from a comment on my blog. I have my low beta story at 3dt to share ...

11dp3dt - 15
~ I was told it wasn't good news to have such a low beta.

14dp3dt - 43
18dp3dt - 213
~ At this point, I was told to "get ready for the inevitable" and was given instructions on to call asap with pain, because they said it was most likely ectopic. Or just non viable. They did the 1st u/s, knowing it would most likely be too early to see anything, but he was looking for signs of the ectopic. All they saw was some thickened lining in my uterus, which doc said was a good sign (although in waiting room, nurse kept telling me to not expect anything.)

22dp3dt (5w4d) 1,073
~ I had given blood first thing in am and they did the test before I even got to work. They freaked out with this number and told me to turn around asap. 2nd u/s - we saw the embryo, no heartbeat yet, in the right place.

7w0d - 3rd u/s showed a beating heart.


So, just giving one of those example stories of how things can start out low, double "just as they should" and turn out fine. That low beta of 15 is now asleep in his crib.

Wishing you all the luck in the world!!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Good luck!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Portia P said...

Just caught up with you. Oh my goodness.

I don't know whether to be super happy or supper supportive. A bit of both really. I've everything crossed that this follows Nancy's story above. You and your sis really deserve this.

Thinking of you my dear

xxx

1:21 AM  
Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

I'm sorry that you're still stuck in beta limbo Andi. It's disappointing when the clinics err on the negative side but at least you only have to wait until Friday now. Try to stay away from the internets until then (ha says she who never could!)

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home