Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tiny, tiny sac

Bad news - only a tiny sac was found (under a much larger placenta) - ultrascan doctor says it is about half the size it should be - and it does not look like a viable pregnancy.

My evil fibroids are looking bigger than ever - the only way he could find the evidence of my 'pregnancy' was through my tummy.

I spoke to my doctor a few minutes ago (on the train - I am sure the folk next to me were dazzled with hearing about my uterus!!) - and he wants me to keep taking the drugs for another week - next ultrascan next Friday when I will be 6 weeks and 6 days. But he wants me to prepare for the worst. He thinks I won't need a d and c and I will pass it all naturally.

I asked her on behalf of my husband what the chances of this turning into a viable pregnancy - and he said less than 10 percent.

I am kinda numb - I have known all week with my way below average betas that this was the most likely outcome - but I wanted to believe.

My lovely sister is upset - she had such hope. But I suppose we have three frozen ones to play with - once I have got over this. But I tell you I think it will be sometime before I cycle again.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

oooh, so sorry. I went through this exact same thing, it's awful. I feel for you. There's no easy way to get through it, but I'll be thinking of you. hugs.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sparkle said...

Oh no, not the news I was hoping for. So sorry.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

i am still holding out some hope for you but i know you have to prepare for the worst. i think the not knowing is the worst part. hang in there. and take care of yourselves.

Mo

7:16 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm so sorry. Really sorry. It just shouldn't be so difficult. It just isn't fair.

Thinking of you xx

2:11 PM  
Blogger Peaches said...

Oh I am sooo sorry! Holding out hope for next FRiday's scan that you will be one of the 10%...
((big hugs))

4:55 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you get a miracle.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Oh Andi, that's not the news I was hoping to hear either but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Take care of yourself.

4:18 PM  
Blogger QVC said...

I'm so sorry. This really sucks. Thinking of you and your hubby.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home