Friday, July 25, 2008

We have finally started!

My sweet little sister got the all clear yesterday to begin - and I was in Melbourne cause it is my mum's birthday today - so I went round to her house and helped give her first stim injection. I was a bit worried cause I had a nice role of fat when I was stimulating but my sister, despite having four small children, has no fat what so ever!!!

But it was fine - and she took it like a trooper!

I am a bit concerned (always have to have something to be worried about) that she is still taking the same dose of syranel (sniffing) as she was in the down regualtion part of the cycle. Is this right? Does anyone know? When I did my cycles I was injecting Lucrin - and I am sure the dose got halved during the stim injections. It just seems weird to be pumping FSH into the body - and then flattening it out with a large amount of a syranel at the same time.

I want her to ring the doctor to double check the nurse has done the right thing - but perhaps I am just being a control freak.

I have started the Progynova - to thicken my lining. Evil stepmonster told me she hated it - but then she hasn't come back to tell me why.

I must say - I feel excitied about this cycle and scared. But in a weird way - I am also divulging responsibility - two female bodies involved in this conception feels better than one!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Stepmonster said...

Sorry, how rude of me. Progynova made me feel awful, menopausal, dry, flat, agitated, weird. Hard to explain, but hopefully that was just my reaction.

I have been stimming for a week now and I'm still using Synarel twice daily. I think they keep you on it to allow the FSH to do all the work without your own hormones interfering. Also to make sure you don't ovulate before retrieval.

I'm excited for you too. Your sister is so kind to help you and her eggs are definitely proven! BEst wishes to you both.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Portia P said...

Glad you've started.

Also think the synarel dose staying the same is odd and worth checking. I'm sure mine was halved.

Good luck my dear xx

1:17 PM  
Blogger Muffy said...

i'm on progynova (for iui) now too. went on it last year and my skin broke out badly, can't believe i'm doing it again.

just wanted to let you know your blog helped me feel that the little paranoias and false optimism i go through every month is normal.

keep going!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home