Saturday, May 17, 2008

On track

Well - It is looking like I will do a donor cycle with my sister. After much agonising with my husband - we are on track!!

I am getting his sperm sent down to Melbourne (where my sister lives and where we will do the cycle) - and we have appointments booked for counselling the week after next. My husband is going to be in the US - so luckily they are letting us do it with him on the phone.

We have to have two lots of counselling - as does my sister and her partner. Her partner keeps saying to her - 'i hope you know what you are doing'. I hope she does too - it is a big thing - and she is my best friend - I would hate anything to sour that.

I can't quite believe it is going to happen - much like my first IVF cycle I suppose.

If all goes according to plan - we could be doing transfer first week in July!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bee Cee said...

Great news!! I wish you loads of luck. Don't forget to drop in and tell us how things are going.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That's wonderful news! What a gift your sister is giving you.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Tam said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, i've come over to share some love too!! Good luck with your next IVF, I'm hoping that your sisters eggs do the trick!! I admire you and her for taking this step, it's a huge decision to make. Will keep checking in on you!!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home