Saturday, September 22, 2007

Day 1 - First jab - I did it!

We are on our way! I started to write - I am on my way - and then thought - hang on - having a go at having a baby takes two people!!! It is just that the IVF way - feels like it is ONE person and lots of very rich doctors making whoopy.

Just got home from work - and my husband is out - so I thought - what the heck - I am not going to wait until he comes homes - and gave my self my first injection of Burselin - all on my own. I feel rather proud of myself! It didn't hurt (tiny needles) but is itching a bit now.

So this is day 18 of my normal cycle (I have a short natural cycle 25 days which is why I sarted today rather than day 21)- and the start of 16 days of down regs. I was somewhat surprised the down regs took sooooo long - especially with someone soooo 'old' and with high fsh - but after hunting around on the net - it seems this is normal if you haven't taken birth control pills in the run up.

With tongue firmly in cheek - I asked the doctor yesterday - who was going through my protocol with me - what happens if I am pregnant at the moment (yeah - right - and they also want me as the new presenter of the TEN O'clock NEWS too!) - and she said with all seriousness 'we often find when people come back for their scan at the end of the down regs that they are pregnant'. Where do I sign to become one of THOSE people.

Let the games begin!!

1 Comments:

Blogger I love being a Mom said...

Well done, you have now done your 1st injection and now joined the IVF rollercoaster. BTW your not old your still young...

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home