Thursday, December 13, 2007

Coming out on Saturday

My doctor rang me himself yesterday - and said I was to trigger that evening - and he was highly recommending we do retrieval with general anesthetic. Sydney IVF always do it with local (I have heard reports it hurts like hell) - but he thinks because of my fibroids it will be tooooo painful. Soooo he is looking after me - I hope.

The bad side is ofcourse my husband is back in the UK - and I have to have someone take me home and look after me afterwards. Luckily one of my lovely friends has canceled all her saturday plans to be my minder. She went thru IVF herself in July - sadly it didn't work - and she says so far she has had no desire to do it again.

All in all - this cycle has been a breeze - even tho much more full on care than the last. And even tho I was poised to quit my new job this afternoon because I felt my boss was having a dig at me - I have felt really calm about it all. Not much stressing.

I am really hoping for four eggs - and all four to fertilize and divide into 8 cell embryos. Hey - no reason not to hope for the best.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

General anesthesia for retrival is a Good Thing.

I'm so excited for you!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Portia P said...

I totally agree with Kim.

After Cystgate, i wouldn't want to be anywhere near my own egg retrieval - not knowingly anyway! I just love a general - you wake up feeling like you've had the BEST sleep.

Lots of luck - and love

xx

11:11 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

General at retrieval saved me...I have no idea how people do it without! Good luck and take it easy!

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home