Thursday, August 05, 2010

A decent haul

Hello

Egg collection went well - and we have 10 embryos.

Clinic's lab is suggesting a day 3 transfer on Saturday - I of course want to aim for day 5 on Monday.

I can't seem to get out of them - how often they do blastocyst transfer - or why they are suggesting day 3.

And have left it - that they will ring on Saturday to tell me what they are looking like - and if it is not so good - I will transfer then otherwise wait to Monday.

One of the main reasons I want a 5 day transfer - is because I want to just put one back - and I want it to be the right one.

My husband is freaked out at the idea of twins - and I think I will be hard pressed to convince him to put back two on day 3.

Any thoughts about labs that want to do day 3 transfer on young donor eggs? Are they just crap - and are poorly staffed?

3 Comments:

Blogger Dandle Dreams said...

So glad that the retrieval went well, and that now you have the stimulation behind you. Good luck for the transfer - I hope they find the perfect embryo for you.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Roccie said...

Whoa, that is a rough question. I am with you, I always thought day 5 was preferred. I feel like I have read about a lot of success w day 3 lately. You are right to press the clinic hard to find out the reasons. I cannot believe it is due to poor staff or knowledge. We cannot believe this! We count on the experts, the best of the best.

Have you actually met your donor? I look forward to reading your post on it.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Portia P said...

Good news on the embryos

I used to be really hung up on 5 day transfers, but have changed my mind over the years.

I totally understand what you're saying, but as far as I can understand it, a 5 day transfer is just to see which the best embryos are. if it's looking obvious earlier, then the best place for an embryo to be in is a body, not a petri dish. Both my successful transfers were day 3's.

That said, if you've plenty of good looking embryos, it would seem a good idea to wait and see which embryo is best. AND if you really want to go for SET then perhaps you should push for a 5 day transfer.

As you can tell - i don't really have an answer for you! Everything crossed for you though my dear. xx

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home